Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE SIMPLE, SWEET PLEASURES OF BEING A CHILD!




Hi folks!

I wish I could take credit for what you are about to read, but I can’t. My husband pulled this off of the Internet and thought it was really cute. I agree and want to share it with you. I would like to give credit to the writer, however, there was no name attached to it. So, to whomever wrote this, credit is due! Enjoy…

My Resignation!

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again. I want to go to McDonald’s and think it’s a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks. I want to think that M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer’s day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what you didn’t know and you didn’t care! All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think that the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don’t want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month that there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So…here’s my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you’ll have to catch me first, cause, Tag!… You’re it!

If we really want to, it is possible for each and every one of us to appreciate these kinds of things as adults. We may not be able to go back completely, but if we take time out to have the right focus, we can have those simple pleasures again.

Dr. Singer is a Psychologist who regularly works in person with her readers improving kid’s attention, behavior, processing and learning skills fast. She has been an ADD Coach to many kids on meds and has also trained the skills of many other diagnosed and labeled kids who are not on medication to take them to attention, behavior and learning heights their parents never dreamed they were capable of. For an appointment for fast behavior, attention and homework change for the lowest fees everclick here for my website: drsher.weebly.com or call 224-548-7269.

No comments:

Post a Comment