Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Hello all,

Welcome to my blog! For years I have been helping parents build happy non-medicated families and I am so proud and happy to have been able to be a part of that for so many people. I am a Doc for 24 years, and a mom of 3 for 8 years. I have been told I am really good at re-training attention, behavior and learning skills for kids and adults fast. I do it without meds. I am so glad to have been able to be there for all those families!

Too many kids are on medication these days. Too many Moms and Dads have walked into my office with their child on multiple medications with lots of side effects and no real changes to speak of. My heart hurts when I see that. My heart hurts as much as theirs do. They don't want their kids on the meds, but feel no choice but to do that when the problems have reached a certain level. I am the other choice!

I have 3 children of my own. The 3 human beings in this world who I love more than any words can express. I know that love intimately and I know that all the parents who walk into my office looking for that alternative to medication, to help their child...feel that love acutely as well!

I have watched the pain in their eyes, when they tell me of the hard history their child has had to face, with homework pain, feeling different than all the other kids, hopeless about the future, because the problems have lasted so long and the therapy of the month, wasn't having any more of an effect than the last one or the other ones before them.

I have worked realy hard to make what I do totally different than what anyone else does out there. To be the program that doesn't exist out there. To help parents and families truly change the problems into hope and success. To change the look in their eyes from fear and pain to happiness and confidence!

I am in love with my children (pics above). My goal is to help to re-connect the love for the families who come to see me. The families who are struggling with behavior, homework, attention and learning problems that can derail that loving feeling and create a much different and negative feeling. Parents who tell me that "they love their child, but it is hard to like him right now." All parents understand that feeling. All parents hate that feeling. I change that feeling.

Looking forward to reading your comments and seeing you soon at my Happy Family Center! Will write again soon.

Warmly,

Dr. Sherri

1 comment: